Here are some tips I keep on file and try to practice.
Substances to intake:
- Green Tea: rich in antioxidants; reduces skin damage caused by ultraviolet light; helps eliminate cancer-causing free radicals.
- Salmon: Omega-3 fatty acids help keep out harmful substances and allow nutrients to enter cells; rich in protein, potassium, selenium and vitamin B12.
- Blueberries: possibly the highest food source of antioxidants; excellent source of soluble and insoluble fiber, vitamin C, manganese, vitamin E and riboflavin.
- Carrots: excellent source of vitamin A (a must for healthy skin); high levels of antioxidants; superior source of fiber, biotin, vitamins K, C and B6, potassium and thiamine.
- Water: pure, clean water hydrates cells and helps them move toxins out and nutrients in; allows the body to sweat more efficiently, keeping skin clean and clear.
Substances to avoid:
- White flour
- Saturated fats
- Fried foods
All of these trap oil and bacteria beneath the skin, causing acne and other skin ailments.
This information is a condensation of an article at naturalnews.com.